Membership

HTML Widget

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bound by Blood Forum Index -> Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphire
Shireikan (Commander)
Veteran Reader

re: Skellel (Alternate Auto-Biography)

Unknown until I left home I was born from a Stygian whore and an Aquilonian general. My childhood was wrapped in secret as my father would not reveal his "digression" from the teachings of Mitra and thus gave me up to the church so that I may have been raised in the light of Mitra. As requested by my father the church kept with the story that my father died in battle and my mother died in childbirth.

Under the care of the priests of Mitra I was taught justice and liberty but I also learned with an over curious mind that the teachings of Mitra could not be upheld by the teachings themselves. One could not defeat every lie with a truth or every evil with a good. I developed a since honor that meant upholding honor by any means necessary. This did not sit well with the religious half of the church and they dismissed me at the age of 14.

Wondering the streets of Aquilonia only justified my beliefs as I watched from the shadows as good people were mugged, rapped and murdered and the city guard did nothing because the testimony of a street boy carried no weight in their "justice" system. After two years on the street I met with a drunkard who was once a Ranger for the military. He trained me and guided me without compensation of any kind. One day I asked him why he would invest so much of his time in a person like myself.

He told me that I was the son of his general and he had experienced first hand the end of those who followed the lawful honor. My father had met his fate when he took orders to raid a Stygian homestead. His troop was outnumbered five to one and there was no evidence that this Stygian village followed Set or harbored any sort of criminal. It was an order made out of prejudice and hate. Being a man of law he followed the order anyway. Despite being outnumbered my fathers troop was surely not out skilled. They slaughtered the farmer and peasant warrior as well as women and children. When they reached the large town center building a warrior stood in full plate at the door declaring that none who wished harm on the children inside would leave the steeps alive. The warrior stood against many until finally my father took on the task himself. The battle raged for naught but three minutes but was said to bring the eyes of all the gods to it as the fury and skill of the fight demanded such attention. In the end my father mortally wounded the warrior and the warrior yielded under his request and was asked to reveal his identity before he bleed out. The warrior removed helm and mask to reveal my mother. The drunkard then told me that my father declared his love for her and cursed the army, the church and the law and drove his own blade into his chest so he too would bleed to death. Stunned by their general the army disbanded on the spot. Some returned home, some to duty and others could never face life the same again and became wanderers. The drunkard had stayed in the village to help rebuild the damage they had done. He had stayed for six years and learned of my mother and why she defended the town so.

My mother had been born a Stygian as a result of a Cimmarian wanderer who had raped her mother. Being a tainted and impure piece of flesh by Set standards she was good for nothing other then whoring. When my fathers army occupied a Stygian border town they had secretly fallen in love and the result was a bastard child who had been given to the church of Mitra. When the drunkard met me and learned of my past and my beliefs he said he owned it to my parents to make sure I turned out as their hearts had always wanted.

Unbound by law, religion or race I was given freedom to develop a true since of honor to all life on Hyboria. With the skills passed to me as a Ranger I had the means to fight for that honor and do so with every breath and fiber of my mind body and soul.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bound by Blood Forum Index -> Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: